Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
API Hackday Denver [Startup Week]
Saturday, October 27, 2012 from 8:00 AM to 7:00 PM (MDT)
API Hackday Denver [Startup Week] brings together a bunch o' geeks for an all-day festival of fun and nerdery, focused on creating apps and mashups with APIs. Hackers of all experience levels can share ideas, collaborate on existing projects, start new ventures, and learn about great tools and discover the power of APIs.
Hear from some of the country's top API-focused companies on tips, tricks and tools for building the next big app.
At the end of the day, teams and/or individuals get a chance to present their work to a panel of judges and win kickass prizes.
Tweet about it using #APIhackday and #DENStartupWeek
- 8:00 - 9:00 Registration / Breakfast
- 9:00 - 9:30 Intro / API Workshops
- 9:30 - 12:30 Hackedy hack
- 12:30 - 1:30 Lunch
- 1:30 - 6:00 Clackedy clack
- 5:30 Submission Deadline
- 6:00 - 7:00 Presentations
- 7:00-7:15 Judging
- 7:15 - 7:30 Awards
Check out the challenges and prizes below, for a little extra incentive...
- Most Mashed - use the most APIs in the most creative way, win an Arduino Kit for each team member (up to 5)
- Most Fun - amuse and entertain your fellow hackers, win VIP (skip the line) tickets to 13th Floor, Undead and Asylum Haunted Houses in Denver
- Most Local - serve the community, win $500 gift card toward a weekend getaway in the Rocky Mountains
Spot Prizes - best use of each company's APIs wins:
- SendGrid: win a 13" MackBook Air
- Mashery: win a BIG Jambox
- Twilio: win a Sphero
- MapQuest: win a big stack-o-cash
- Open Colorado: TBA
Brought to you by:
When & Where
Team API Hackday
API Hack Day brings geeks together for an all-day coding fest focused on building apps with APIs. Developers of all experience levels can share ideas, collaborate on projects, start new ventures and find out about great tools and new APIs to work with.